The Real Estate Department prides itself on providing a first class, partner-led legal service to our clients, who include key investors, developers, corporate and public bodies, financial institutions and private clients.
We are particularly skilled at the acquisition, assembly, set up and disposal of commercial real estate and development sites, as well as negotiating leases and landlord & tenant matters generally.
The team has the required skills and expertise to meet each client’s specific needs, and we are flexible in our approach and adapt to suit our clients’ particular needs as they evolve.
We work closely with other departments in the firm to deliver an integrated and collaborative approach across all practice areas. To avoid duplication of work, we undertake an early review of legal issues with the client to agree at the outset the preferred allocation of responsibility for various aspects of the work involved.
- Purchases & Sales [Development Sites, Individual Properties and Portfolio Transactions]
- Commercial Leasing
- Property Finance & Security
- Construction Contracts, Scheme Design & Managed Scheme Set Up
- Dispute Resolution
- Planning Advice/Assistance
- Real Estate Investments
- Title Issues and Remediation
- Acting for property developers in the acquisition of development sites and disposal of residential and commercial units
- Advising on residential developments (including those the subject of the Multi Unit Developments Act 2011), retail parks and mixed use developments, to include the establishment of a management companies and all associated advices
- Advising developers including Maybury Properties, Park Developments Group and McGarrell Reilly Group in respect of mixed use developments (commercial and residential) on various title matters, set up and sale of units
- Advising Winsac Limited / Carroll Estates Dublin Limited in respect of the acquisition of a large development site in Skerries and the subsequent re-sale of over 200 individual units to date
- Advising on the collaborative redevelopment of a site in Dublin City Centre in conjunction with an adjoining hotel to facilitate the construction of a large extension to the hotel in the airspace over our client’s property resulting in the creation additional hotel rooms for the adjoining property and delivery of a modernised facility for our client
- Regularly advising domestic banks in relation to security reviews, restructuring of loan facilities, perfection of title and enforcement of security, as well as advising on general corporate loans, refinancing and restructuring
- Advising a large hotel group in relation to its ongoing banking facilities and security arrangements with a domestic bank
- Acting for receivers in the disposal of substantial investment properties in the Greater Dublin Area
- Advising a large scale property landlord / developer in respect of a €90 million facility with a syndicate of banks
- Advising a large scale commercial landlord in the leasing of a prominent office block based in Dublin City Centre to a multinational company
- Advising a long-standing commercial real estate investor client on the acquisition of its property portfolio of prime real estate, and on its commercial leasing and management generally
- Advising the Creedon Group on the expansion of its operations and the acquisition, financing and development of sites and existing properties
- Advised a large Irish retailer on the acquisition of a strategically important warehouse and distribution facility for its national operations
- Advising a Dublin cinema group and its affiliates in relation to its property portfolio