Gore & Grimes has built its business and reputation on the fundamental principle of seeking at all times to give a first-class legal service to its clients.
The Firm strives to attract, retain and invest in a team of people who can provide its clients with both expert legal advice and sensible, commercial and cost-effective solutions to their problems.
Many of the solicitors and partners currently working in Gore & Grimes, started as trainees and even interns in the firm. People stay with the firm because of the opportunities that we offer and also for the working atmosphere that we constantly strive to create. Here at Gore & Grimes, we operate an open door policy, which not only allows our people to work together as a team, but also to build strong relationships with one another that are grounded upon mutual respect. No one is ever too busy to assist another colleague or to provide support when it is needed.
We are always interested in hearing from likeminded candidates.
Current Vacancies – Family Law Solicitor
Family Law Solicitor
We are currently seeking to recruit a Family Law solicitor to join our busy family law team. This is a great opportunity to work in a well-respected, progressive, professional organisation.
The successful candidate will report to the head of the team and the position will involve a broad range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Taking instructions from clients with a view to giving advices, preparing cases for trial, attending Court for all cases, including domestic violence, separation, divorce and co-habitation
- Experience in family law related matters including district court applications regarding maintenance, domestic violence and custody. Circuit court judicial separation and divorce proceedings drafting deeds of separation, affidavits and related documents
- Other ad-hoc family law related work as required
- 1-2 years law experience post qualification
- Excellent drafting skills
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- A sociable person, capable of communicating at all levels with an ability to communicate points clearly in a non-confrontational manner
- A calm and measured approach to problem solving
- A willingness to work hard above and beyond normal office hours if required
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be 1-2 years qualified, with work experience in the relevant area. He or she should have strong organisational and interpersonal skills as well as a good work ethic, energy, enthusiasm and be highly motivated. The key competencies we require are:
- Strong communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Adaptable, positive and proactive
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your curriculum vitae together with a short covering letter, to email@example.com
Each year we invite a number of trainees to join our firm and to be part of one of the most comprehensive and dynamic programmes in the country. As a firm with legal expertise and a keen eye for innovation, we look for well-rounded, flexible people with strong academic backgrounds and who also have an ability to understand the needs and interests of both clients and colleagues.
Trainee Solicitors should choose Gore & Grimes for the following reasons:
- High level of responsibility
- Friendly working environment
- Mentorship from Partners & Associates
- Law Society fees paid for by the Firm and full salary while attending Blackhall Place.
- The opportunity to complete rotations in the core departments of the firm such as: Litigation, Banking, property, Corporate & Commercial and Family Law.
The Internship Programme
The firm also runs an internship programme which gives interns an opportunity to experience what it is like to work in a commercial law firm, and which gives the firm an opportunity to find future trainees and potentially, future solicitors for our firm. We are always delighted to receive applications from interns interested in taking part in the internship programme at Gore & Grimes.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our internship programme, please email a copy of your curriculum vitae, together with a short covering letter, to Lisa Delahunt, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note that applications and any related documents, including interview notes where applicable, will be kept for a period of up to 24 months before being permanently deleted. If you require your details to be removed from our files after 13 months, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com