John Gore began practising as a solicitor in Dublin during the 1860’s. He was very involved in Irish society and was founder of the O’Connell Benefit Building Society. By the time Christopher Grimes joined the firm in the late 1890’s, John’s practice was well-established and flourishing.
In 1898 the firm moved to No. 6 Cavendish Row and Gore & Grimes was founded.
Chisto Gore-Grimes, son of Christy Grimes, joined the firm in 1932, and carried on a successful practice with a number of assistants until 1963 when his son, Anthony Gore-Grimes became a Partner. Anthony was joined by his brother John shortly afterwards.
The firm enjoyed continued success throughout the next forty years, establishing its reputation as a medium-sized firm with particular areas of expertise.
In 1997 the firm moved to its current offices at Cavendish House in Smithfield close to the Four Courts, where it continues to build upon the long-standing tradition of professional excellence and legal expertise.